Creating a Photography Portfolio features a portfolio for which South African photographer, Johnathan Andrews, received the Licentiateship Distinction from the Royal Photographic Society of Great Britain. In this book the portfolio photographs are used to discuss various photographic principles, and Johnathan relates the stories behind the images.
The photographs, and the narratives associated with them, provide a powerful insight into the world of photography, and especially the whole concept of telling stories with the use of photographs. A photographer’s portfolio is a photographic curriculum vitae and this book discusses some of the important aspects to consider when compiling a showcase of photographic work.
This book is not a step-by-step guide to creating a portfolio, but instead, a practical example of how it could be done, with emphasis on how life experiences and circumstances impact the creative process.
- Ten portfolio photographs.
- Camera settings and technical descriptions of portfolio images.
- A discussion of The Royal Photographic Society of Great Britain Licentiateship Distinction requirements for stills photography.
- Three captivating and true stories behind the portfolio photographs.
- “Behind the scenes” photographs.
- A discussion about your “identity” as a photographer and artist.
- Aspects to consider when creating a portfolio.
- 92 Interior pages
- Size: 8″ x 10″ / 203mm x 245mm
- Glossy soft cover
- Full colour interior
- Perfect bound
- ISBN-13: 978-0-620-53007-1